This old Tsa Tsa from fixed-fired clay shows three round Gomang Tchörten [Skrt. Stupa], the large central in the middle is flanked by two smaller ones.
This Tsa Tsa is rich in symbolism. The large central Gomang Stupa is flanked on the right and left by two smaller Gomang Stupas. All three stupas rest on a base of lotus petals. The two smaller stupas are connected to the central stupa by stemps of the lotus plant between the base of the central Stupa. Two lotus plants grow out of the two smaller stupas, each with a lotus flower at the end.
The upper part of the stupa is decorated with garlands on both sides. The top is crowned by a protective screen.
An inscription can be seen on the two outer sides. It can be attributed to the time of the Indian Kutila script - a variant of the Ranjana script - which was used in the 8th to 12th centuries.
The Gomang Stupa was built on the occasion of Buddha's first teachings. After his enlightenment, Buddha went to Sarnath and gave his first teachings on the "Four Noble Truths" in the gazelle park. This was the first time he set the wheel of teaching [Dharma] in motion. Today, above the entrance gate of almost all Tibetan Buddhist monasteries, the Wheel of Teaching can be found, flanked by two gazelles.
The design of this Tsa Tsa and the colour of the clay used clearly indicate that it was made in West Tibet.
|More Informationen regarding Stupas
|2.8 x 2.5 x 1.3" | 7.1 x 6.3 x 3.4 cm
|292 $ | 270 €
|Parcel Service from Germany
|10th - 11th cent. !
|Display [1.2 MB, 1425 x 1509 px.]
|Inquiry / Order