This Thangka shows Padmasambhava in his manifestation as "Guru Dorje Dolö" [Skt. Damodara, also a name of Vishnu]. Guru Dorje Dolö is one of the eight major forms of Padmasambhava. He took this form at the Tiger´s Lair [Tagtsang] cave in Bhutan in order to subdue demons that were mounted on the back of of his consort, the Mon princess Tashi Kyidren, who transformed herself into a flying tigress. Later the monastery "Tigers Nest" [Tagzang] was build obove this place [cave]. It still remains today. Above the center image of Guru Dorje Dolö Padmasambhava as Guru Rinpoche is depicted.
Above him on top Buddha Amitabha. Right and left of them are two manifestations of Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara.
Furthermore clockwise there are:
- Padmasambhavas manifestion as "Pemasambha", the Lotos born one
- Padmasambhava as a standing Lama
- Yeshe Tsogyal, one of the two femal tantric disciples of Padmasambhava
- Yeshe Tsogyal [wife of Padmasamhava], in form of a naked Dakini
- Padmasambhavas manifestion as "Guru Nyima Öser" or "Guru Suryaprabha"
The remaining nine figurs are Padmasmabhavas other manfestations forms and his second wife Mandarava
|Measurements:||18.9 x 23.6 " | 48 x 60 cm|
|Shipment:||Parcel Service from Germany or Nepal|
|Material:||Natural Stone Colors|